Friday, September 3, 2010

The Beauty in Becoming

I have a feeling that God could care less about our destination and more on who we are becoming in pursuit of our dreams. So many times we're crying "God what is Your will" or "God can you get me to your purpose already?" while your purpose is being accomplished right where you are right now. I believe He gives us dreams (an end purpose) so we have something to pursue. The pursuit of the dream gives Him to develop us during the journey. Without a journey- how is there a process of becoming, of growth, of wisdom? All these attributes are learned instead of given. Our purpose is to become more like Christ. This can sound daunting or super-cliche however, Jesus Himself boiled it all down to two commandments. "Love God, and love your neighbor AS you love yourself". So we love God: we have a sense of reverence and deep gratitude to the Almighty. We love People: because if we love the Creator we'll love His Creations. And we will love ourself "The created". He put us down here with that purpose. But knowing how He has given us His nature which is creation, He has given us dreams and talents. So while we are creating, He is creating within us the attributes of love. God is love- so we are becoming more like Him. Herein lies the  immense beauty in Becoming. Becoming is the Purpose. Once we understand our Divine purpose it makes daily living so much easier because we don't just endure life to get to our "end destination" but we revel in each day. To help you figure out if what you are seeking as an end destination is Godly, ask yourself the following questions.

  • Am I gaining more Love attributes while I'm pursuing my end goal?
  • Have I grown to love myself and love people through this?
  • Do I love God more everyday as I'm pursuing this goal?
  • Is my end goal hindering my love for God or people? (killer)
  • Is my end goal making me hate my present or myself?
  • Am I enjoying everyday life or am I enduring until things "get better"'?
  • Do I spend most of my day dreaming or do I actively take hold of the opportunities in the present?

A well-lived life is done one day at a time. If you look at people who've accomplished great things; most of them will tell you they took hold of each day, disciplined themselves, and while becoming, opportunities came for advancement. They were able to recognize these opportunities because they firmly took hold of the present. They weren't just day dreaming. They were making their dream their present. 

Be Your Purpose, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment